Vgate Forums

Full Version: vLinker FD/MC Wifi Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello

With the vlinker FD/MC Wifi i have massiv Problems with the Data to my Apps Torque and Carscanner.

With the BT Version i have all datas, with the Wifi dongle i have only some data in my apps.

i don't no why.
(02-26-2023, 07:30 PM)Ben 934 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello

With the vlinker FD/MC Wifi i have massiv Problems with the Data to my Apps Torque and Carscanner.

With the BT Version i have all datas, with the Wifi dongle i have only some data in my apps.

i don't no why.

hello

1. maybe it can't detect the module because the latency is too high.There is a picture in the attachment to change the location
2. Can you change the delay of the password reply, in car scanner settings - adapter - advanced settings - change send 96 to FF

[attachment=68]
hello

I changed it as you described.
The dashboard home page fills up with data a bit faster, but all other pages don't fill up with data at all except for about 3 to 4 sensor data. see screenshot and video.
And the WiFi doesn't connect when I have another WiFi connection active in the car, aawirelessandroid Auto. So I always have to turn off all wifi. But still the data is not displayed... WiFi doesn't work as well as BT on the obd dongles. With the fd+, all sensor data can be seen immediately, even when I'm scrolling through my dashboards...

Maybe other settings in the custom menu will help?
[quote pid="156" dateline="1677539323"]
Ben 934hello

I changed it as you described.
The dashboard home page fills up with data a bit faster, but all other pages don't fill up with data at all except for about 3 to 4 sensor data. see screenshot and video.
And the WiFi doesn't connect when I have another WiFi connection active in the car, aawirelessandroid Auto. So I always have to turn off all wifi. But still the data is not displayed... WiFi doesn't work as well as BT on the obd dongles. With the fd+, all sensor data can be seen immediately, even when I'm scrolling through my dashboards...

Maybe other settings in the custom menu will help?
[/quote]

Hello
1. Can you send me the log files for your two vLinekr series WiFi as well as the FD+, in the adapter options of the car scanner under the bottom item 'Print logs', see attachment
2. Yes at the moment we are recommending to buy BT products because of the high packet loss and slow speed due to the WiFi module, we have been looking for a better WiFi module but have not found the right one
Hello

Yes of course I will. Does the time of the logs matter, or are a few minutes enough?
I'll make the logs during the day and email them to you and link them here too, ok?

Smile If I had known that the WiFi adapters still had such big problems, I would have ordered the BT version right away Sad

maybe we can do it!
Good Morning

An interim question: Do you have the same problems with the Vgate vLinker BM WIFI as with my two vLinker FD/MC, or does it have another working Wifi chip installed?

greatz Ben
[quote pid="160" dateline="1677625685"]
Ben 934Good Morning

An interim question: Do you have the same problems with the Vgate vLinker BM WIFI as with my two vLinker FD/MC, or does it have another working Wifi chip installed?

greatz Ben
[/quote]

Hello

I read your WiFi Log and the connection is interrupted during WIFI communication, do you have another phone, can you try another phone to see if the data is not detected, the reason might be the wifi module matching with his phone
OK. I'm going tomorrow another phone for trial purposes (Galaxy S10Plus) tonight. I'll get back to you with a new log file...

I have also seen that no other WiFi device is allowed to be on nearby, if it does the WiFi of the vlinker loses the connection again immediately. It certainly shouldn't be, I suppose.

Ben
(03-01-2023, 03:25 AM)Ben 934 Wrote: [ -> ]OK. I'm going tomorrow another phone for trial purposes (Galaxy S10Plus) tonight. I'll get back to you with a new log file...

I have also seen that no other WiFi device is allowed to be on nearby, if it does the WiFi of the vlinker loses the connection again immediately. It certainly shouldn't be, I suppose.

Ben

Hello

Because the phone has a function that will automatically switch the network, or a similar function when it detects a bad network status, it will not switch the network when this function is turned off
From Admin:

Hello
Do you have a computer and can you use it to read the module numbers of the two WiFi versions, perhaps it is a WiFi program error, as follows
1. change the initial software command to the one in the picture.
2. Click on 'search' to search for the device
3. Select the device searched for
4. Click on 'open' to connect to the device
5. Click on AT-VER to send the command
The attached image shows the location of the steps and the WiFi software
with best regards
summon

and my answer:

Hello

I have now executed your order, but your file in the rar folder was not complete, I have the tool here:
http://www.hi-flying.com/download-center...tools-v1-0
downloaded again.
I was then able to open the tool and read out the two vlinker FD/MC as you described and described them with the new AT+VER command.

I made some screenshots, see attachment.
I also tried to access the vlinker directly, but I don't have the login access to do so. Is there anything else that can be optimized?

After that I did tests on my Oneplus9Pro. Now the data is visibly faster, but still far from the speed of the vlinker FD+. With the FD+ BT dongle, the sensor data is visible within half a second, with your fix it is now about 5-8 seconds with the wifi MC/FD, sometimes a little longer. So much better than before, it takes much longer and scrolling often didn't show any sensor data at all.

In addition, the connection to the engine ecu breaks off more often. In another email I'll send you various shots of the screen where you can see it.

In addition, the log of the last short drive...

We are on the right path! Now let's go to the next level Wink

If I think of anything else I'll write it to you...

the logs and vids come separately in an email.
Pages: 1 2