Vgate Forums

Full Version: Cannot install USB driver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't seem to get the correct drivers installed. In device manager I see "Unknown USB Device(Device Descriptor Failed)" when the cable is plugged in. I download the driver, unpacked, ran CDM212364_Setup.exe as administer. Install wizard said install was successful. Tried to manually update drivers but it always says "The best drivers for this device are already installed". Please help. Running Windows 10 Home 21H2 64bit.
(03-13-2023, 03:25 AM)Ivy Wrote: [ -> ]I can't seem to get the correct drivers installed. In device manager I see "Unknown USB Device(Device Descriptor Failed)" when the cable is plugged in. I download the driver, unpacked, ran CDM212364_Setup.exe as administer. Install wizard said install was successful. Tried to manually update drivers but it always says "The best drivers for this device are already installed". Please help. Running Windows 10 Home 21H2 64bit.

Some laptop models are equipped with incompatible USB 3.0 controllers and it may be difficult to drive safely at this time.
  If you receive a "USB not recognized" error message or a similar error message, try one of the following solutions:
    1. Connect vLinker FS to a different USB port.
    2. Connect vLinker FS through a USB 2.0 hub.
    3. Manually install the FTDI USB drivers.
      https://ftdichip.com/drivers/vcp-drivers/