Vgate Forums

Full Version: ABRP does not connect to vGate iCar Pro Bluetooth 4.0 (BLE) OBD2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, the firmware of the dongle is 4.1.10. Even with the BT enabled on my iPhone XR, ABRP (version 4.3.8 (2110)) is not able to connect to my dongle in a VW ID.4. Any solution?
(03-15-2023, 02:29 AM)Aqun Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, the firmware of the dongle is 4.1.10. Even with the BT enabled on my iPhone XR, ABRP (version 4.3.8 (2110)) is not able to connect to my dongle in a VW ID.4. Any solution?

Hi, please make sure that no other apps are trying to connect to the dongle at the same time. Also, in iOS, there is a Bluetooth permission option in the app settings, please make sure this option is turned on.
(03-15-2023, 02:30 AM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-15-2023, 02:29 AM)Aqun Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, the firmware of the dongle is 4.1.10. Even with the BT enabled on my iPhone XR, ABRP (version 4.3.8 (2110)) is not able to connect to my dongle in a VW ID.4. Any solution?

Hi, please make sure that no other apps are trying to connect to the dongle at the same time. Also, in iOS, there is a Bluetooth permission option in the app settings, please make sure this option is turned on.

As you pointed out, you were right that the problem was the Bluetooth permission option in ABRP settings. Everything is fine now and I was surprised at how the scan function in ABRP find many BLE devices. At my first attempt, no ID looked like the vGate dongle. When I unplugged the dongle and then replugged it, I was able to see the BT name with "vGate" and selct it.
(03-15-2023, 02:32 AM)Aqun Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-15-2023, 02:30 AM)admin Wrote: [ -> ]

As you pointed out, you were right that the problem was the Bluetooth permission option in ABRP settings. Everything is fine now and I was surprised at how the scan function in ABRP find many BLE devices. At my first attempt, no ID looked like the vGate dongle. When I unplugged the dongle and then replugged it, I was able to see the BT name with "vGate" and selct it.

Ok, thank you for choosing vgate!

See you soon