Vgate Forums
vLinker MC+ BT+BLE does not wake up on next day - Printable Version

+- Vgate Forums (https://forum.vgatemall.com)
+-- Forum: Vgate OBD (https://forum.vgatemall.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Forum: vLinker Series (https://forum.vgatemall.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+---- Forum: Vgate vLinker MC/MC +/MC WiFi (https://forum.vgatemall.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+---- Thread: vLinker MC+ BT+BLE does not wake up on next day (/showthread.php?tid=6820)

vLinker MC+ BT+BLE does not wake up on next day - linkman - 08-11-2024

Hi,
I'm using a vLinker MC+ Bluetooth+BLE device together with Car Scanner (Pro) on my Android smartphone. The connection via BLE works fine in principle, where I selected the "vLinker MC-IOS" in the Car Scanner settings, since no specific ANDROID connection is shown (for BLE). 
Having successfully started, I can have long and short rides, where the vLinker is automatically reconnected after a break of e.g. one hour for shopping etc. Data recording is continued then. That's fine so far. Only if I want to reconnect after a whole night, where the vLinker has fallen asleep in the meantime, I can't succeed to wake the vLinker up with my smartphone. So I always need to unplug the device and plug it in again, which is a little annoying with my car. After that the vLinker gets recognized and reconnected automatically - without any further steps necessary).
As far as I understood, device wake-up should be one of the favourite features of Bluetooth LE. Can anybody tell me what I might be doing wrong, do I e.g. have to change any of the default settings in the Car Scanner app?
Huh
Thanks for any idea which could help.
BR

RE: vLinker MC+ BT+BLE does not wake up on next day - admin - 08-12-2024

(08-11-2024, 03:07 PM)linkman Wrote: Hi,
I'm using a vLinker MC+ Bluetooth+BLE device together with Car Scanner (Pro) on my Android smartphone. The connection via BLE works fine in principle, where I selected the "vLinker MC-IOS" in the Car Scanner settings, since no specific ANDROID connection is shown (for BLE). 
Having successfully started, I can have long and short rides, where the vLinker is automatically reconnected after a break of e.g. one hour for shopping etc. Data recording is continued then. That's fine so far. Only if I want to reconnect after a whole night, where the vLinker has fallen asleep in the meantime, I can't succeed to wake the vLinker up with my smartphone. So I always need to unplug the device and plug it in again, which is a little annoying with my car. After that the vLinker gets recognized and reconnected automatically - without any further steps necessary).
As far as I understood, device wake-up should be one of the favourite features of Bluetooth LE. Can anybody tell me what I might be doing wrong, do I e.g. have to change any of the default settings in the Car Scanner app?
Huh
BR

Hello.
1. you can find the vLinker MC-Android's bluetooth directly in Android, but you need to press a button on the device first when the bluetooth blinks fast to find it
2. vLinker MC+ has an automatic wake up function, you can upgrade the version of the device firmware to the latest first, if it still can't wake up automatically, you can wake up by button, just press the button and the device will wake up directly.

RE: vLinker MC+ BT+BLE does not wake up on next day - linkman - 08-12-2024

(08-12-2024, 06:27 AM)admin Wrote:
Huh
BR

Hello.
1. you can find the vLinker MC-Android's bluetooth directly in Android, but you need to press a button on the device first when the bluetooth blinks fast to find it
2. vLinker MC+ has an automatic wake up function, you can upgrade the version of the device firmware to the latest first, if it still can't wake up automatically, you can wake up by button, just press the button and the device will wake up directly.

Thanks a lot. 
I have updated the firmware to its latest version (v2.2.90) before already, so this is not the point. I will try again to connect by pressing the button on the vLinker first (which I tried already but didn't work at a first glance). However, this is not what I would understand from an auto-wake-up.
BR

RE: vLinker MC+ BT+BLE does not wake up on next day - admin - 08-13-2024

(08-12-2024, 09:49 AM)linkman Wrote:
(08-12-2024, 06:27 AM)admin Wrote:
Huh
BR

Hello.

Thanks a lot. 
I have updated the firmware to its latest version (v2.2.90) before already, so this is not the point. I will try again to connect by pressing the button on the vLinker first (which I tried already but didn't work at a first glance). However, this is not what I would understand from an auto-wake-up.
BR
Hello.
vLinker MC+ can support auto wake up in gasoline cars, if your firmware version is the latest version, it can also wake up automatically in some gasoline cars, you can when you open the door of the car, check if the product light will light up, if it lights up then it's waking up
If it doesn't wake up successfully, you can press the button of the product to wake up directly, you don't need to unplug the product and plug it in again.