Vgate Forums

Full Version: Vgate iCar3, Missing power button
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.

I bought iCar3, BT3.0 but it seems that there is no power button. When returning to the car the device is not powering itself when turning on ignition. The only way is to pull it out from socket and re-plug it in. I hope that I am missing something because this is not acceptable for me, as I want to let the obd device always plugged in. I also tried from phone app, i thought that is in a sleep mode and the app could wake it up. But no luck.

(As a side note, the documentation inside the box is about iCar2 which has a power button, so not helpul either)

Any advice?
(09-28-2023, 06:00 AM)noboruwataiya998 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi.

I bought iCar3, BT3.0 but it seems that there is no power button. When returning to the car the device is not powering itself when turning on ignition. The only way is to pull it out from socket and re-plug it in. I hope that I am missing something because this is not acceptable for me, as I want to let the obd device always plugged in. I also tried from phone app, i thought that is in a sleep mode and the app could wake it up. But no luck.

(As a side note, the documentation inside the box is about iCar2 which has a power button, so not helpul either)

Any advice?

Hello.
The icar 3 only has auto-sleep but not auto-wake function, only the icar 2 has added a button, you can wake up the product by pressing the button.
If you need to wake up automatically you can buy icar Pro or vLinker series products.
icar Pro can support petrol car auto wake up, not electric car wake up.
The vLinker series supports both petrol and electric vehicles.